Water being a liquid takes the shape of the container it is poured.
Ayurveda has been advising that water also takes ‘guna’ of the ‘patra’ it has been kept in . in simple words takes qualities of material of container .Dr Tanya
Similarly, recent studies have shown how plastic containers (which are not of optimum quality) may induce carcinogens in water when subjected to high temperatures. water filters or storage containers are nowadays mostly made of plastic only, so how to do a ‘sanskar’ of water so that all these ill-effects can be worn off
Importance of the Humble Earthen Pot in Ayurveda
An earthen pot purifies water by not only removing the ill-effects but also changing the potency , the water molecule realigns itself into a more absorb-able form, therefore reduces the deficiencies of essential minerals and ions in the body. it can be seen practically when the toxin deposit can be seen on the outer layer of the earthen container when water is kept for more than 6 hours. Regular intake of water stored in mitrikapatram'(pot of earth) reduces risk of gastro-intestinal disorders, decreases risk of developing urinary stones, boosts up metabolism, quenches thirst, cures dry mouth, freshens up mind.
Luckily we live in a country where we can still find a pot-maker or potter in our neighborhood , so an investment of under Rs. 100 can be the best summer investment starting this financial year…. be healthy be happy!
The Top tips for summer from Your Ayurvedic Doctor
- Avoid refrigerated water as it is leading cause of creating dullness and obesity in the body
- Say no to plastic containers to store water
- It is good to hydrate, right way of hydration is very important
- warm water in the best way to hydrate to be taken sip by sip
- However in extreme summers, drinking water stored in an earthen container will not only hydrate but also keep excessive heat inside at bay
- When you will start drinking water from the earthen pot you will tend to avoid frizzy drinks like cola etc which are extremely bad for your health
- Go easy on foods with hot potency such as red chillies, vinegar, soy sauce
- please subscribe for future updates on seasonal and vedic living